Worship that Edifies
When we gather together to worship we should glorify God, but also edify(uplift) one another.
From 1 Corinthians 14
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Have you ever been to a church service in another language? What was that experience like for you?
2. What’s your preferred Bible translation and why?
3. What are some of the ways that you have been built up morally, spiritually, or intellectually through worship services?
4. Do you see the supernatural gifts as still active in today’s church? why or why not?
5. What has been your past experience and understanding with the gift of speaking in tongues?
6. How do you think the gift of tongues should be used in church today?
7. How do you think prophecy should function in the church today?
8. How can we tell if a prophecy or an instance of tongues is from God? What are some possible tests to put it through?
9. To what degree do you find Hope’s worship services understandable? What changes might be made to improve understanding?
10. Read v.34-35, how have you understood these verses? Were you satisfied with the options presented this morning?
11. How might the principles in the passage be applied to a community group?