The Tension of Mission
Jesus lived a life that was set apart for mission and he calls his disciples to do the same.
This week we get a glimpse into the heart of Jesus as we listen in to his prayer in John 17:1-19.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Do you own a set of china? How did you acquire it? How often do you use it?
2. If someone had access to your prayer life what are two or three things they would learn that you care deeply about?
3. As you look at the life and ministry of Jesus what are some things you would describe as beautiful?
4. Part of being Holy means being free from evil: What are some of the evils God has been freeing you from since you’ve started following him?
5. The other part of being Holy is being on mission: How have you seen God use you and your family to advance his mission? How can the group pray for you as you live on mission right now?
6. Of the two aspects of holiness: Which do you find easier? Which have you had more teaching on? Which needs to be grown more in your life?
7. What would you say to a member of your group who is content being a “china cabinet” Christian?