The Right to Party?
From 1 Corinthians 8:1-13.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What is your favorite type of meat? Feel free to include preferred seasonings/ sauces as well.
2. What do we mean today when we label something a right?
3. What are the different motivations for “Can I?” vs. “Should I?” decision making?
4. We aren’t really asking the same morally complex questions that the Corinthians were, how might you modify the questions to fit our current context?
5. What are the dangers of knowledge without love? Love without knowledge?
6. What do you find helpful about the decision making principles pulled from the text?
7. Some decisions are easy and fairly black and white, others can get very gray, how comfortable are you living in those gray areas?
8. What are the purposes of parties in our culture today? Under what circumstances should we disengage from a party environment today?