The Power of the Cross: Justification
1. What’s your instinct when you encounter a complex word or concept? Dig? Run? Skip Over? Ask?
2. Come up with simple definitions for: a. Justification: b. Guilt: c. Righteousness:
3. What do you typically do when you are feeling guilty?
4. How does holding onto guilt damage our lives?
5. Why can’t doing good things get rid of guilt?
6. What’s a way that your spouse/family make up for a deficiency that you have?
7. Did you find the concept of union w/ Christ helpful in understanding justification?why or why not?
8. What other implications might our union w/ Christ have as we live our lives?
9. How does the way God handles our guilt inform the way we should handle the guilt of others?
10. Do you feel like you are at peace with God right now? What’s getting in the way?