Reflecting on the life to come, gives us strength and purpose in this present life.
1 Corinthians 15:35-49
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Break down the quote from Justice Holmes. How does it point us to truth? How could it lead us astray?
2. How does thinking about the next life help us in the midst of this present life?
3. How do you conceive of the soul? How does it relate to a body?
4. What are some of the things you find most beautiful in God’s creation? How might they point us to heaven?
5. How does the afterlife being a physical and not just a spiritual reality impact the way you look forward to it?
6. How are you currently feeling the effects of your body’s deterioration?
7. How would your life change if you were in perfect physical condition?
8. What kind of transformations are you most looking forward to in the new heavens and new earth? Why?
9. To what degree can we experience these transformations today in the Spirit’s power?
10. What changes took place in Jesus when he got his resurrection body? Do you think those same things will be true of us?
11. How does heavenly thought lead to earthly good?