Power of the Cross
Jesus transformed the power of the cross so that it multiplied life.
Questions for discussion or personal reflection:
1. What are some of the prominent symbols of death that we use today?
2. What’s an event in your life that you knew was coming, but still through you for a loop when it arrived?
3. Put yourself in the shoes of the disciples, what questions might they be asking Jesus after this interaction?
4. How would you quickly explain what the cross accomplished to a friend who was interested?
5. Jesus lived out his purpose, even though he knew it would be painful. When have you seen someone else do this in their life?
6. How did/does the cross multiply life?
7. Read again v.25, what are some ways that following Jesus might require you to “hate” the world?
8. What are some of the negative cultural consequences you might suffer if your love for Jesus is known?
9. How can Christians multiply life in our current context? How can we sacrifice for the good of others?