Patience in Suffering
This week, Mark Sandquist walks through James 5:7-12.
The demonstration of the worth of God in the faith, reverence and patience displayed by His people in times of suffering is one of the most important life apps we will ever encounter.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
- Which of the examples of impatience of the scientific study referenced do you most closely relate to?
- Why are we so impatient? What is the root cause?
- What has been your biggest trial or suffering the past year?
- How does patience create spiritual maturity?
- Do you think Christ’s return is imminent?
- Do you find yourself thinking Christ’s return very often? Does it shape your life in any way?
- What does it mean to “stand firm” while being patient?
- While Job was dealing with his trials he got angry at God for a while. Was he right in doing so? Is it ever OK to be angry at God?
- While God fully restored Job, there was one thing he never got back. What was it?
- In what ways have you experienced God’s compassion and mercy recently?