The father-child bond is about more than DNA, it is about relationship.
This week, we dig into John 8:31-59
As we look at the relationship we have with the Heavenly Father, we can examine it with some questions:
- Who do you obey? (v 31)
- Who do you look to for rescue? (v 33)
- Who do you model your life after? (v 41)
- Who do you love? (v 42)
- Who do you listen to? (v 47)
Here are some questions for your discussion or personal reflection:
1. What’s something that you do that your father does/did?
2. What was/is it like to be a child of your earthly father?
3. Is obedience something that is natural for you? Why or why not?
4. When have you gone to God recently for rescue?
5. What character trait or behavior of Jesus’ would you most like to see in your life?
6. What does it practically look like to love God?
7. What is a truth from God that you have heard in the last month?