God uses ordinary people who love Him, and others, to do extraordinary things.
From 1 Samuel 16
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection
1. If you had to replace your current boss with a celebrity, who would you pick and why?
2. What are some of the traits you appreciate in good leaders?
3. How would you describe having a heart that pleases God?
4. Seeing someone’s heart isn’t possible for humans, but what are some external indicators that a person has a heart pleasing to God?
5. Make a list of some of the ordinary people in the Bible that God used – what extraordinary things did God use them for?
6. When has God called/chosen you to a task that you didn’t feel qualified? How did it turn out?
7. How is a shepherd different from a stereotypical king?
8. What aspects of shepherding translate over into being a good leader?
9. Do you think leading like a shepherd would work in your work environment? Why or why not?
10. Read Isaiah 11:1-5, what similarities are there betw