New Wine, New Wineskins
Expect Jesus to make your old forms of life and worship incompatible with your new life in Him.
From Mark 2:18 – 3:6
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Are you a person who strives to stay up to date with the latest technology? Why or why not?
2. What’s one area of your life that that has changed in a significant way as a result of you following Jesus?
3. What are the positive benefits of having intentional rhythms of celebration in your life?
4. What are some of the key elements of a good celebration?
5. Do you find fasting to be helpful in your spiritual life? If not, how else do you demonstrate your hunger for God’s fullness?
6. Jesus says that the Sabbath is made for man’s benefit, how would you describe the benefit that we get from practicing the Sabbath?
7. What does healthy rest look like to you? How well would you rate your own practice of rest?
8. What’s the difference between pursuing the spirit of the law vs. the letter of the law? Which do you find easier?
9. What danger if any is there in focusing on the spirit of the law?
10. Which of these of the three Pharisee encounters resonates with you most at this point in your life? Why?