Loyalty – Ruth 1
This week we start our series on the book of Ruth, in Ruth 1
God is loyal to his people.
Loyalty is most powerfully displayed in hard times.
Loyalty requires exclusive commitment.
Loyalty to God also means a loyalty to his people.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What are some brands that have your loyalty? How did they get it?
2. What aspects of chapter one stood out to you as you read/heard the story?
3. Describe the loyalty of the following persons in the passage:
4. How can God properly be described as loyal toward us, when he allows disaster to strike our lives at times?
5. How is loyalty cultivated differently in hard times and in good times?
6. Is it possible to be partially loyal to God? Why or why not?
7. What does loyalty toward God’s church/people look like?
8. What questions are you asking as a reader going into chapter two?