Light & Seeds
We look at the parables of Jesus this week, from Mark 4.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What are your favorite uses of mustard?
2. Do you find that you learn best through stories and parables or through direct instruction?
3. What is the nature of the truth that Jesus discloses?
4. What are some reasons that we might want to hide the truth that Jesus brings?
5. Is it ever a good idea to conceal truth? If so under what circumstances? Is concealment morally different from lying?
6. Do you find it true that wisdom leads to more wisdom? If so explain
7. If you’ve been going through a period of not listening to God, how do you start to listen again?
8. Do you find it encouraging or discouraging to know that ultimately God is the one who brings about the growth of his kingdom?
9. What do you see as our human role in partnering with God to bring about the kingdom?
10. What do you think Jesus was trying to communicate with the parable of the mustard seed?