Hope for the Past
The coming of Jesus brings us hope for our past.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Do you prefer to give your family or Christmas list or let them surprise you?
2. How might you define the concept of Hope the way we use the word today?
3. How is “confident expectation” a different definition than the modern one?
4. How heavy does the baggage from your past feel right now? What do you think Jesus would tell you about it?
5. How should being confident that we are forgiven change the way we live day to day?
6. What makes it dangerous to maintain the labels of past mistakes? How can we get them out of our hearts and minds?
7. Scripture frequently calls those with faith in Jesus children of God. How does this designation bring you comfort?
8. How have you seen God use a bad decision from you past for good?
9. How confident are you that God has a plan to use you on His mission?