Good News of Great Joy
Great JOY is found in experiencing the good news of Jesus.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What are some of the things that bring you joy during the Christmas season?
2. What was your understanding of joy coming into this message? How would you have explained the concept to another?
3. What is the difference between an attitude and an emotion? Why is it important to see joy as both?
4. Read through the Tozer quote again, what stands out to you from his words?
5. Evaluate the statement, “God wants me to be happy.” What is true about it? How could it be misconstrued?
6. What part of the good news of Jesus is currently bringing you the most joy?
7. What do you see as the relationship between holiness and joy?
8. What do you do personally or with your family to meditate on God’s word during the Christmas season?
9. To what degree to your Christmas parties and activities point people to Jesus? How might Jesus be reflect more in them?