From John 15:18 – 16:4.
Hatred from “the world” should be expected for those truly following Jesus.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Since it’s Oscar season, what’s the movie you have enjoyed the most this year?
2. Do you find yourself to be a people pleaser? How can this be a good or bad thing for a Christian?
3. Have you ever felt hated for being a follower of Jesus? Describe the situation?
4. What are some of the main reasons that “the world” dislikes Christians today?
5. Why is it dangerous to make the perception of the world the report card of the Church?
6. How should the perception of “the world” impact the way we do ministry?
7. What are some changes you’d like to see in the character and practices of Christians to reduce the level of hate that currently exists?
8. Is it a greater temptation for you right now to belong to “the world” or avoid it? Why?
9. What advice would you give to a youth group student who is being rejected/ridiculed by their peers for following Jesus?
10. What are some practical ways that we can show love to even those who hate us?