From Hebrews 10
We need to be reminded of:
1. Those truths we have not fully integrated into our lives
2. Those truths that form the foundation of our joy
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What movie or show have you watched most frequently during the last 5 years?
2. What motivation might we have for revisiting something that we have already experienced before?
3. The Bible reframes and restates many of the same themes over and over again. Why do you think God chose to do this?
4. If someone were to track your Bible reading, which passage(s) would they find you going back to again and again? Why?
5. Read through the passage, what words or phrases are used to characterize the OT sacrifices? The sacrifice of Jesus?
6. Read over the truths highlighted this message, what damage might be done if we forget these truths? (Perhaps talk through each one separately)
7. Which of these truths do you find to be most powerful in your life right now?
8. What is the difference between a heart that looks to bring a sacrifice and a heart that seeks to do God’s will?
9. What does it mean that God doesn’t remember our sins any longer?
10. The OT sacrifices were designed to remind the people of their sin, what is the Lord’s Supper designed to remind us of?