From Hebrews 10
Endurance is aided by persistent action and persistent community.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection
1. Have you ever had a gym membership? Did/do you use it? What makes it better than working out at home?
2. How does viewing corporate singing as prayer impact the way you engage in it?
3. Where do you find it most challenging to be sincere when you talk to God?
4. Analyze your current prayer life using the CHAT acronym, which element gets the most time? The least?
5. Are there any other categories of conversation that you find helpful to structure your prayer?
6. Read through the promise list from Max Lucado, which of these are you holding most tightly to right now? Why?
7. How can something be both irritating and positive at the same time? Did you resonate with the term? Why or why not?
8. Share about a time when someone has moved you toward love and good deeds by being a positive irritant.
9. If you needed to be moved toward love, what strategies would be most appreciated and effective toward that end?
10. What would you say to someone who is attempting to “do church” on their own? What benefits of a church community would you highlight for them?