Even when disaster is caused by our own disobedience, we can still call out to God.
From Jonah 2
Questions for personal reflection or group discussion:
1. Jonah wanted to get as far away from Israel as possible. What’s the farthest away you’ve been from Minnesota?
2. What are some of the things that hold us back from calling out to God in the midst of disaster?
3. What are some areas of life that you can be stubborn in?
4. How is your prayer life doing right now? Give yourself a letter grade and explain.
5. Give an example of how holding on to an idol can keep us from the fullness of God’s love?
6. What are some of the things you have found it hard to let go of as you’ve followed God in your life?
7. How can our desire to be seen as a rescuer rather than the one being rescued sabotage our faith?
8. Read Matt. 12:40-41, how does Jesus use the story of Jonah to point people to himself?
9. How should humility shape the way we talk about Jesus with others?