Dedicated to God
We are beginning our look at 1 Samuel today.
A life given over to the LORD is better than any prosperity, stability, or safety the outside world can offer.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Favorite rainy day activities?
2. What are some words in the text that describe Hannah’s situation?
3. Where do you see evidence of Elkanah loving his wife well in this situation? Anything you would have changed?
4. (Fill in the Blank) I’m tempted to think that _________________ would solve many of the issues in my life right now.
5. What request occupies your prayers more than any other these days?
6. How much do you think we should value prosperity, stability, and safety in this life? How do you know when you’ve made it too much of a priority?
7. How do you tell if your family has become an idol (valued more than God) in your life?
8. How do you think you would respond if God asked you to give up a child that young(3 years old)?
9. What’s one thing that struck you from this passage? 10. What are you currently finding challenging to give over to the LORD?