We should seek to build up the Church, because it is the temple of God.
From 1 Corinthians 3:10-13
- Build with care
- Build on the foundation of Jesus
- Build with the future in mind
- Build with humility
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. If you were on a construction crew, what job would you likely be given by the project foreman?
2. What are some of the most beautiful buildings you have experienced in person?
3. What are some key tasks that are needed to build up today’s church?
4. How does thinking of the church as God’s property impact the way in which you care for it?
5. Are you more motivated by the carrot or the stick? Why do you think that is? 6
. Do you think it is healthy to think about the rewards as you do a task? Why or why not?
7. What are some current “building practices” that you see doing damage to the church?
8. What’s an example of a worldly growth tactic or strategy that we should avoid using in the church?
9. What do you currently see as the most beautiful aspect of our church?
10. What kind of support could you use from the church right now?