Better than angels
From Hebrews 1
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What’s something that you own which you should probably throw out, but you hold onto anyway? Why do you keep it?
2. Do you tend to think of angels more in terms of beauty or power? Why? What other words would you use to describe them?
3. We might not be tempted to worship angels today, but what are some beautiful and powerful things that might lead us into a similar trap?
4. Jesus shares the name and character of Yahweh, what are some aspects of God’s character that we can learn from Yahweh’s interactions with his people in the Old Testament?
5. Jesus is The Son of God. How is this both similar and different to the relationship Christians have with God as his children?
6. What makes Jesus fit to rule, while the angels are not?
7. Read v. 8-9 again, how does the text describe the nature of Jesus’ rule?
8. Jesus will never change according to v.12, do you find that to be comforting or concerning? Why?
9. How has this message confirmed or changed your perspective on angels? 10. What’s one thing that challenged you from this passage?