Battles Outside & Inside
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What are the 3 most used apps on your phone?
2. What might it have been like for James to grow up with Jesus as an older brother?
3. What kinds of trials do you find yourself in right now?
4. Do you find it to be true in your experience that maturity comes through trials? Why or why not?
5. What are some of the ways God has passed his wisdom onto you?
6. We are often taught that independence is a part of maturity, how might this hinder our spiritual maturity?
7. Where do you need God’s wisdom right now?
8. Read the NLT version of James 1:4-6, when does doubt reach a point where it sabotages our prayers?
9. What is harmful about connecting your worth to your paycheck? For the rich? For the poor?
10. What’s the difference between God causing temptation and God allowing temptation?
11. Read 1 Cor. 10:13, what does this teach us about temptation?