From Mark 6:14-29
It is a good and dangerous thing to live and speak the truth of God.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. If you were Salome, Herod’s stepdaughter, what would you have asked him for instead of John’s head?
2. What stood out to you as you read this passage?
3. How much does it bother you to be disliked by someone else?
4. Does your fear of being disliked prevent you from sharing the message of Jesus the way you feel you should?
5. What strategies or mindsets can help you share Jesus even when you might be disliked?
6. How can the way that we live either hinder or help us in our ability to share Jesus? What are major hindrances? What are major helps?
7. What are some signs that you might be a jerk when you are talking about Jesus?
8. What types of responses do you get most often when you tell people about your faith in Jesus?