You can bring your doubts to God.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What was/is your favorite activity to do with your parents(s)?
2. What are some examples of doubts that originate from the intellect, emotions, or society? In your own life which of these sources seems to carry the most weight when it comes to your doubts?
3. What danger is there in ignoring or hiding the doubts we are facing?
4. What kind of conditions are necessary for you to feel safe in processing your doubts with someone? How are we doing as a group at creating that kind of environment?
5. If you do feel safe talking about doubts: a. What are some doubts that you have worked through and resolved to your satisfaction? b. What are some doubts that you’ve decided to become comfortable living in the mystery? c. What are some doubts that you are wrestling with right now?
6. What is the father in the passage communicating to Jesus when he says I believe, but help me in my unbelief? When can we use that type of prayer today?
7. What did you find most helpful in the wisdom from Michael Patton?
8. How can prayer be used to help us in the midst of our doubts?
9. What did you find most impactful from this message?