A Wise Ambition
How do I pursue goals in life in a way that honors God?
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. How would you define what it means to be ambitious in a positive sense?
2. How ambitious are you? (rate yourself 1 to 10)
3. What are some ambitions that you have right now?
4. What does a taking mindset reveal about our hearts?
5. What does an asking mindset demonstrate about our hearts?
6. Do the goals you are given in your vocation ever go against God’s wisdom? How so?
7. How does the world ask us to demonstrate our value?
8. What’s the practical difference between trying to prove your value and living as though you are valued?
9. What does it mean that God is jealous for you?
10. Share about a time in your life when you were following God and he lifted you up rather than you having to exalt yourself.
11. What motivates us to gossip/slander/speak negatively about other people?
12. What have you found helpful in fighting the urge to slander?