A Faith that Follows
Biblical faith is all about trusting God enough to follow him.
From Hebrews 11:1-7
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
- Who is someone you look up to in the faith? Why?
- If someone asked you to define what faith means, what would you say? Do you think about faith any differently after the message?
- In what ways does a faith that follows give your hope more conviction? Do you have example of a time this was true for you?
- Do you agree that there are dangers when we present faith as certainty? What are some of these dangers?
- What are some rational, intellectual reasons you follow Jesus? Has there been a particular topic, book, podcast, discussion you have encountered that has increased your “ramp of reason”.
- How can your group better foster an environment that allows for hard questions and doubts to be expressed?
- How have you seen obedience to Jesus allow you to experience deeper intimacy with him?
- Read Hebrews 11:5 about Enoch. Then, go back to Genesis 5:21-24 about Enoch. What does the author of Hebrews intend for us to learn about faith from his example?
- What area of your life might God be calling you to trust him (and therefore follow him) more deeply? How can this group help encourage/challenge you towards that?