A Better Priest
From Hebrews 4:14 – 5:10
We have unprecedented access to God the Father through Jesus, the better priest.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What’s the most exclusive place you’ve ever had access to? How did you get it?
2. Is direct access to God the Father something that you take for granted or something you see as a special privilege? How does this affect the way you use this access?
3. To what degree do you take advantage of the access you have to God?
4. What are some of the things that can hold us back from approaching God in the midst of our temptations?
5. Read the C.S. Lewis quote on the temptation of Jesus, in what ways did you find it helpful or challenging?
6. Do you find it easy to go to God or to a friend when you are in a hard time? Why?
7. What does it mean to approach God with confidence? Why should we feel confident in approaching him?
8. Do you have any experience with the Catholic Church and how has this shaped how you view your access to God?
9. What’s one thing you are committed to taking before God this week?