A Better Melchizedek (Part 1)
From Hebrews 7:1-10
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. With what intensity do you decorate for Christmas? What’s your favorite home decoration and why?
2. Before today, what would you have told someone who asked you about Melchizedek?
3. Why do you think God tended to keep the roles of priest and king separate? How might this explain why Jesus was uniquely suited to be both?
4. Jesus and Melchizedek were appointed to their priesthoods by God, how is being selected for role different from inheriting it? Does it matter?
5. What are some of the ways Melchizedek foreshadows or points us to Jesus?
6. How do you normally use the word bless?
7. Abraham was blessed to be a blessing, how might you and your family uniquely be a blessing to others this Christmas?
8. What role does tithing/giving play in your life right now? What makes it an important thing?
9. How would you explain to a friend or family member why they should tithe/give to God’s work?
10. What did you find most interesting about this passage?
11. What did you find most helpful or actionable from this passage?