A Better Discipleship
From Hebrews 5:11-6:12
Jesus calls us to a better discipleship that follows him with everything we have.
1. In what spheres of life have you taken the approach of doing just enough to get by? How do you decide when this is a helpful attitude and when it’s not?
2. How would you rate the effort and excitement you have right now toward growing in your faith?
3. How has God grown the understanding and practice of your faith recently?
4. Do you naturally approach your spiritual life by looking at the distance left to travel or the next step to take? How does this mind shift make a difference for yourself and how you interact with others?
5. Hebrews 6:4-6, is a hard passage to wrestle with. Reread it. Why do you think the writer is sharing these words? What is he hoping to accomplish?
6. A popular theological mantra is, “once saved, always saved,” but passages like this one bring it into question. How does this passage impact your understanding of that doctrine?
7. How if at all does one’s view on eternal security (can one leave the faith?) impact the way we live life ourselves and interact with others?
8. What motivates you to live beyond the minimum when it comes to your faith? How would you go about encouraging a fellow believer to keep growing in their faith?