Have you ever felt like you were a part of a story, sales a story that is bigger than you but one that says to you that there is a reason, buy a purpose for your life? We will take a journey through The Story of God and how His story impacts our story. This series continues through March 7. (Click here for previous messages in this series)
This Week – “Broken Image” – Genesis 3:1-7
Things to think about…
- This week take note of how often you want something someone else has. Also watch for when you feel a strong desire to do something for other’s approval.
- Thank about your choices… which choices in your life have lead to “death” or separation, sick and which choices have you made that lead to “life” and relationship? Which of these choices were motivated by “self”?
- How easy is it to do the right thing, even when you know what’s right, when you would rather do something else that would benefit you? What would it take to always be motivated by God’s plan for our life instead of our own desires and what pleases us in the moment?
- Try and find one tangible thing you could do to bless another person this week. And do one thing that creates or restores beauty into the world. Start with something small, but tell another person what you did.
Things to read about…
- Genesis chapters 3-9 Read or listen online: http://bit.ly/gen4-9
- Hebrews 11:7
- 1 Samuel 16:7
- Romans 3:23
- Romans 6:23
God’s Covenant with Noah: a sermon by John Piper looking at the story of Noah and how it points forward to Jesus. http://bit.ly/piper-noah
Verses of the Bible to Memorize (They will help you remember some big ideas from this week’s story):
- From 1 Samuel 16:7 – Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.
- From Romans 6:23 – The wages of sin is death
- Psalm 8:1 – O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.