Willing and Able
Jesus is willing and able to bring healing and wholeness to your life.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What’s the largest crowd you’ve ever been a part of? Do you like crowds?
2. Lepers were societal outcasts of Jesus’ day, who are their modern day equivalents?
3. What do you think Jesus would say to us when we keep our distance from him because we feel unclean?
4. Read, 43-45, why do you think Jesus tells him to keep quiet? Why doesn’t he keep quiet?
5. Why is it important to know that Jesus cares and wants to heal you? Do you find this a hard or easy truth to believe?
6. What makes it admirable that the men dug through the roof to present their friend to Jesus?
7. What can you do to help bring your hurting friends to Jesus for healing?
8. What would be going through your head if you were present for this event?
9. Which do you find most spectacular the forgiveness of sins, or physical healing? Why?
10. Why are we sometimes satisfied with treating the symptoms of brokenness, but not the cause?
11. What questions does this passage leave you with?
12. Jesus seems to want to keep the focus on his preaching instead of his miracles, yet he continues to do them. Why do you think this is?