Water In a Desert
Jesus has an encounter with a woman from Samaria. A person he wouldn’t even be expected to talk to and yet when he did not only a life, but a community is changed.
In John 4:1 – 42, Jesus transcends barriers.
Questions for your discussion this week:
1. Warm Up: What is your most refreshing beverage?
2. If Jesus were to have come in our time who would he have this conversation with?
3. Where do we need to make progress as a church declaring that all people have dignity and value in God’s eyes?
4. What kind of refreshment do you need from Jesus right now?
5. What are some of the ways you connect to Jesus to allow him to refresh you?
6. Jesus used the image of living water because he was in a dessert, what might be a good metaphor for us to use to describe the same truth today?
7. When have you felt energized by doing the will and work of God?
8. What excuses do we use for not spreading the message of Jesus to others?
9. When was the last time you saw someone put their trust in Jesus for the first time?