From Mark 1
Jesus is ultimately in charge of all things at all times.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. If you had the opportunity to be president would you take it? Why or why not?
2. What are some of the things that motivate us to want to be the ultimate authority in our own lives?
3. Are you more likely to follow expert opinion or popular opinion? Why? a. What are the weaknesses of these authorities?
4. How does Satan attempt to influence us today? How can Jesus protect us in these situations?
5. Have you ever seen/experienced physical healing in response to prayer? What was it like?
6. How do you understand God’s role in physical healing?
7. How does being in a crisis tend to impact the way you interact with God?
8. Share about an instance when you listened to God’s instruction when you really didn’t want to. Were you happy with the results?
9. Which realm of life have you seen Jesus transform most in you?
10. Which realm of life do you find it hardest to give Jesus control of?
11. What do Jesus actions in these verse tell you about his character?