1 Samuel 17
David points us forward to Jesus as he serves as Israel’s champion. His victory is shared with the entire nation.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. David’s dad sent cheese to his brothers commander to get in his good graces, what homemade good would you have sent?
2. If you had to select a modern day champion to represent you in the field of battle who would you pick? Why?
3. What would you be thinking as an Israeli soldier watching David head out to represent your side?
4. Compare and contrast the character and actions of David and Saul during this sequence of events?
5. What is the danger of seeing yourself as David in this story?
6. How do the actions of David point us forward to the actions of Jesus?
7. Some of the largest giants in our lives are Sin, Fear, and Death, how did Jesus conquer these giants?
8. Are you more likely to respond to one of these giants by running or fear or attempting to fight them on your own?
9. What does it look like to allow Jesus to be your champion and also fight these things alongside him?