The Beautiful Mess of Marriage
From 1 Corinthians 7:1-16
Marriage becomes less messy when we practice it according to God’s design.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. To what degree were the positive aspects of sex talked about in your church or your home as you grew up?
2. Are there any aspects of sex that you would prefer to have taught on more in the church?
3. What are some of the benefits of having sex be a regular part of a marriage?
4. How does it change sex to think of it as an opportunity to serve your spouse?
5. What are some signs that you may have turned sex into an ultimate thing? What’s the danger in that?
6. What are some strategies you have found helpful to divorce proof your marriage?
7. How can we show love and grace to those who have been divorced while also holding a high view of marriage?
8. How have you seen the faith of your spouse affect your own relationship with God?
9. What do you think God wants us to marry someone within the faith? What makes is such a big deal?
10. Were you ever in a relationship with someone outside of the faith? How did it affect your own faith?