Songs of Summer: Psalm 94
1. How do you feel about sad songs and movies?
2. Why do you think so many of the Psalms express sadness or lament?
3. What are the differences between human vengeance and divine vengeance?
4. What do you see as the purpose of lamenting evil within the church?
5. What are some of the evils that you are currently lamenting right now?
6. Why is doing evil against the widow, foreigner, or orphan seen as especially bad?
7. What kind of relief does knowing God give us in the midst of the chaos of a broken world?
8. How would you explain to someone outside the church why God doesn’t take his vengeance now?
9. How should the death and resurrection of Jesus change the way we pray for our enemies?