Songs of Summer: Psalm 8
Human beings are more valuable than any other creation of God.
This week, our Children’s ministry led us in worship, and we looked at Psalm 8.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What’s the most frightened you’ve been in a situation with animals?
2. Do you think the zoo made the right decision when it killed the gorilla to protect the child? Why or why not?
3. How do we see the image of God manifest itself in humans? What are some of the ways we reflect God, but animals don’t?
4. How do children uniquely represent God to us? What aspects of God are we more easily able to see in their lives?
5. How might you explain the difference between humans and animals if you were coming at it from an atheistic viewpoint? How would that change your on the zoo situation?
6. What are some practical ways that we can care for creation as God has called us to do?
7. What’s the danger of having too high a view of humans? Too low?