The Resurrection of Jesus changes our lives for both the present and the future.
1 Corinthians 15:50-58
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. If you could take on the body of any animal which would you pick and why?
2. What makes our current bodies be unfit for the new heavens and new earth?
3. When have you felt that you don’t fit into this world because of your faith in Christ?
4. What makes death scary? Is there anything you find scarier?
5. What are some of the major ways we try and fight death in human strength?
6. How is death related to sin? How is the law related to sin? (Rom. 5:12-20 if you want some extra help)
7. How does Jesus victory over death give shape to a Christian funeral? How is a different than one for someone without faith in Jesus?
8. How does the resurrection of Jesus provide motivation to live fully for him?
9. To what degree do you believe that your service to God matters? What makes it valuable?
10. What have been some of your big takeaways from the book of 1 Corinthians as a whole? How would you summarize it’s message in a few sentences?