Thankfulness not only properly praises God, but also protects us from the sins of discontentment.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Why do you think food plays such a powerful role in celebrations of remembrance? Did you try anything new at the potluck?
2. How would you rate your memory right now? How do you make sure you don’t forget important things?
3. Read v.13, what are some practices that you’ve found helpful to remind yourself and your family of God’s blessings?
4. How can thankfulness act to counter an atmosphere of complaining?
5. Which aspect of God’s character are you especially thankful for right now? What about your current situation makes that particular one stand out?
6. As you look back on the year what are some of the blessings that stand out?
7. Work your way through the middle section of the Psalm pausing after each section to discuss how thankfulness protects us from the various sins addressed in the passage?
8. How can someone retain a spirit of thankfulness even during the harder times in life?