Peace & Holiness
We will endure struggles best if strengthen our relationships with God and with other people.
From Hebrews 12:12 – 17
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. If you are going to do a physical workout what do you naturally include? Naturally avoid?
2. Which are you more naturally drawn to: strengthening relationships with people or strengthening your relationship with God? What makes the other one hard?
3. In what types of situations do you find it most difficult to pursue peace with others?
4. How would you rate your ability to disagree with someone in a civil way? (A to F letter grade) What keeps you from being higher?
5. What makes us want to demonize those who disagree with us? Why is demonizing opponents unhelpful?
6. How is pursuing reconciliation different than pursuing victory? Do you agree that the former is healthier? Why or why not?
7. How do you decide when to press into a disagreement and when to let it go?
8. How would you council someone who likes the social justice aspects of following Jesus, but struggles to embrace the personal holiness aspect?
9. With so many different kinds of brokenness in the world, why do you think Scripture, and this passage in particular, single out sexual brokenness as something to guard against?
10. What are some common situations today when short term pleasure can trump long term joy in our decision making?
11. What impacted you most from the message and discussion of this passage?