Joy through Sorrow
From Psalm 21
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
- What is the background of Psalm 121 and how does it relate to our current situation as Christians?
- Look over all six uses of “keep” in Psalm 121. What is the “big idea” behind so many different uses of this verb? In other words, what are we to understand?
- How are Christians to rejoice in His strength?
- Why does the believer have joy in the security of Christ? Give a scriptural reference if possible.
- What kinds of support does a Christian have in this life? How does that bring joy?
- Where does our joy in salvation come from and why does this bring us joy?
- Does it matter that joy is listed as a Fruit of the Spirit? How so?
- If/When a Christian is sorrowful at times, does this mean the absence of joy? How do you reconcile joy through sorrow?