Learn from the example of others who are faithfully following Jesus.
Be an example to others who desire to follow Jesus more fully.
Questions for discussion or personal reflection:
1. What was/is your attitude toward Calculus/math?
2. Share a few examples of the spiritual habits that you have learned by watching someone else.
3. Who are some people in your life that you find yourself imitating most frequently? Why do you think those people are the ones you imitate?
4. What are 3 things you would love others to imitate from your life? What are 3 things you’d hate to see others imitate from your life?
5. Why is it important to have real people in your life to imitate and not just “celebrities” to imitate from a distance?
6. What makes teaching and living faithfully such a powerful combination? What do we lose if we cut either one out?
7. Are you more likely to under correct those you love or correct too harshly?
8. How do you respond when challenged by a friend to change something in your life? What would make you more likely to respond positively?
9. Compare and contrast being mentored by one individual or by a group of people? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?
10. How comfortable would you be right now telling someone else, imitate me as I imitate Christ?