Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What’s a story of your childish behavior that your parents might share in an effort to embarrass you?
2. Review the list of things Christians grow out of, which of these behaviors do you currently find most challenging to curb in your own life?
3. What lies behind our desire for attention?
4. What are some ways we can draw attention to God in our daily lives without over-spiritualizing things?
5. How does life change when we switch from a posture of competition to one of cooperation?
6. It’s often said it’s better to give than to receive, have you found this to be true in practice? What kind of joy comes from each of these actions?
7. What are some of the main tasks God has assigned you in life right now?
8. Do you find it challenging to focus on being faithful in the tasks while releasing the results to God? Why or why not?
9. What’s the danger of striving to be important in life?
10. Review the list of things Christians grow into, which of these behaviors do you currently find most present in your life?