Great Joy for All
The joy of Jesus is exclusively available to everyone!
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Are you an apple person or an android person? What motivates you to be in one camp or another?
2. Which do you find to be a higher value in your own life standing out and being special or fitting in with societal norms?
3. How are each of the desires mentioned above fulfilled in Jesus?
4. How does the setting of the birth of Jesus set the tone for his life and ministry? What would be lost if he was born in a hotel instead?
5. What have you been taught about angels? Has there ever been a time when you feel you have personally interacted with one?
6. Using the text, what are some indications that the angels are experiencing joy?
7. When was the last time you felt overwhelmed by joy?
8. Why do you think God chose shepherds to be the first reported visitors of baby Jesus?
9. Many important people limit the access others have to them, what does it say about Jesus that he desires to be accessible to all?
10. What does it mean to say that Jesus is exclusively available to everyone?