Gospel Focus – A Humility that Reflects
“A Humility That Reflects the Gospel”
Pride and Christianity do not go well together. This week, e take a look at Philippians 2:1-18. In this week’s text, Paul points out a way the Christian can specifically model Christ to the world.
A Gospel Focused Church ……
- …looks to the interests of others.
- …reflects the humility of Jesus
- …lives out its salvation on mission
Questions for Reflection/Discussion:
- What’s the most successful team you’ve ever been on? What made that team so great?
- Why is it important that a team or a church be unified? What should unify us as a church?
- How can selfishness destroy a team? or a family? Or a church?
- What would it look like to value others above yourself in a church?
- In what ways does Jesus model this attitude?
- How have you seen God working in you lately?
- Why do we grumble and complain? What’s at its root?
- How does complaining derail mission?
- Spend some time praying that God might grant us an attitude like Jesus’.
Extra Credit: Read the rest of the chapter and discuss how Timothy and Epaphroditus exemplify this attitude.