Free to Eat?
Use your freedom to follow Jesus.
1 Corinthians 10:23-11:1
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. How do you think your life would change if you actually won the lottery? How would you use your new found freedom?
2. How would you explain the freedom that Jesus gives to someone outside the faith?
3. Are you more likely to naturally consider other people or God in your decision making? Why do you think this is?
4. If our actions are constrained by the interests of others and God’s glory, in what sense are they still free?
5. Explain the difference in mindset that it takes to get from an ethic that seeks not to harm others to one that seeks to pursue their good.
6. How should our faith in Christ impact the content and manner of our meals?
7. Make a list of the regular routine tasks in our days. What are some ways that God can be glorified in and by these?
8. What are some of the gray areas of living that Christians wrestle with today? a. Pick one or two: How might some of the principles from the past 5 weeks be applied to them?
9. What have you found most helpful from this series so far?