Foolishness of the Cross
From 1 Corinthians 1:18 – 2:5
The cross of Jesus subverts all other sources of pride and identity in our lives.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. If someone were to pop in and visit your residence right now would they find more beauty or more mess?
2. What response would you get if you had a framed picture of the cross on your desk at work?
3. How easy or difficult do you find it to reveal your faith when entering into a new relationship? What makes you nervous about it?
4. What are the top two areas where your pride and identity can clash with the cross? (You can use ones from the message or create others)
5. How does living in a career driven society make it more difficult to follow Jesus?
6. What advice would you give to a Christian looking to pursue career success in a way that honors God?
7. How can a desire to appear loving to others actually contradict the love shown on the cross?
8. Which of the three blessings of the cross resonates with your heart right now?
9. Are there any aspects of the cross that your current culture finds attractive? If so what are they?
10. What is the purpose of a boast? What would it look like to boast in the Lord?