In a world that offers an unending supply of fears, the only fear that should control us is the fear of God.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Would you agree to be a fear factor contestant? What types of challenges would scare you away?
2. How scary do you find the world right now? Why do you think anxiety is on the rise?
3. How can you tell if a fear is a healthy one that protects or an unhealthy one that paralyzes?
4. What relationship do you see between fear and control?
5. Of the 3 truths to have faith in that were shared in the sermon which do you find the easiest and the hardest to believe?
6. What truths about God do you find helpful in battling fear and anxiety?
7. How would you explain the fear of God to someone?
8. How can it actually be a good thing to fear God? 9. What “storms” are you in the middle of right now?