Faith of Abraham
Endure in your faith by remembering the faith lived out by others.
From Hebrews 11
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. What kind of books are you most likely to read for enjoyment?
2. Which Bible figure stands out to you as someone with an inspiring faith? What about them do you find inspiring?
3. God called Abraham out of his homeland to a life of tent camping in a foreign land on his way to the promised land. What thoughts would go through your head if God called you to uproot tomorrow and move for him?
4. How does our trust level with God relate to our willingness to take a risk for him?
5. Share about a time when following God took you out of your comfort zone.
6. What stands out to you about the story of Issac’s birth? (v.11- 12)
7. What’s a promise from God that you have a hard time waiting for?
8. What point is the author trying to make in v.13-16? Why do we need to hear it?
9. Why do you think God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son? What can we learn from the story?
10. What is one way that Abraham’s faith inspires you?