Faith in Triumph and Tragedy
From Hebrews 11:30-40
Faith endures toward triumph and through tragedy.
Questions for group discussion or personal reflection:
1. Appetizer or Dessert?
2. God’s promises to us are different than the ones He made to Israel. What are some of the promises He made to them that don’t apply to us?
3. In what ways can we expect triumph on this side of heaven?
4. What are the negative effects of an invent your own promises of God theology?
5. Why is it important to remember that God is the one who gifts us victory?
6. How can perfectionism be both a good thing and a bad thing?
7. Do you find it helpful to switch to a perseverance mindset over a perfection mindset? Why or why not?
8. Every single one of those heroes of the faith had a major fall at some point in their lives. How does this change how you look at them?
9. How did you come to understand that hardship should be expected in the Christian life? Did you feel prepared before you encountered it?
10. How does expecting hardship change the way you handle it?
11. What was the biggest thing you took away from this passage/message?